For a better understanding of what we mean by “Trip”, “Trip Provider”, “Trip Service”,“event“,“attraction“, “Travel exclusive package“ and “Trip Reservation”, please read the Travel a la carte a.s. Terms and Conditions.
Travel a la carte a.s. offers online travel-related services through our own mobile app, however while processing your trip, your data can be processed through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. All the information is applicable to all these platforms, however for TACPay few additional requirements are added which is explaind separetly in a separate section of this document.
This one privacy statement applies to any kind of information we collect through these platforms or other means connected to these platforms (such as contacting our customer service team via email). It makes for a lot less tedious reading. Trip Providers should however also visit the Privacy Statement for Trip Providers.
We might amend the Privacy Statement from time to time. If you care about your privacy, visit this page regularly and you’ll know exactly where you stand. If we make changes to the Privacy Statement which will have an impact on you (for example, if we intend to process your personal data for other purposes than communicated in the past in this Privacy Statement), we will notify you of these changes before the new activities begin.
Sad but necessary bit: If you disagree with this Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using our services. If you agree with our Privacy Statement, then you’re all set to book your next Trip through us. Let the good times roll! If you have any question, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of personal data does Travel a la carte a.s. collect?
We can’t help you book the perfect Trip without information, so when you use our services there are certain pieces of information we ask for. This is pretty basic stuff – your name, preferred contact details, the names of anybody travelling with you and your payment information. You may decide for yourself to submit special requests for your upcoming Trip (for example, certain preferences). In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer, phone, tablet or other device you are using to access our services. This includes the IP address, the browser you use, and your language settings. There are also situations in which we receive information about you from others or automatically collect other information. This is the basic overview of the information we collect, but if you’d like to know more, we go into a lot more detail below. Read more
Why does Travel a la carte a.s. collect and use your personal data?
The main reason we ask you for personal details is ahttps://www.t-alacarte.com/privacy/#what-kind-of-personal-data-collect pretty good one – it’s to help administer your online Trip Reservations and ensure you get the best service possible. We also use your personal data to contact you and to inform you of the latest deals and special offers and other products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. There are other uses too – if you’d like to find out what they are, read on for a more detailed explanation. Read more
How does Travel a la carte a.s. share your data with third parties?
There are different parties integrated into the Travel a la carte a.s. services in various ways and for various reasons. The primary purpose is to share your data relevant for your Trip with the Trip Provider to complete your Trip Reservation. There are also other parties which can receive some of your data, which are parties we involve to provide you with the Travel a la carte a.s. services, financial institutions, advertisers or in some cases governmental or other authorities. We do not sell or rent your personal data. Below we’ll go into more detail about how information you share with us is used and exchanged with these parties.
How does Travel a la carte a.s. process communications that you and your booked Trip Provider may send to Travel a la carte a.s.?
Travel a la carte a.s. can help you and Trip Providers exchange information and requests about their services and existing Trip Reservations, directing the communications through Travel a la carte a.s.. If you want to find out more about how Travel a la carte a.s. receives and handles these communications, read on here.
How does Travel a la carte a.s. make use of mobile devices?
We offer free apps through which we also collect and process personal data. This works in much the same way as our website, but they also allow you to use our location services.
How does Travel a la carte a.s. make use of social media?
The use of social media services may be integrated with the Travel a la carte a.s. services in various ways, which will involve us collecting some of your personal data or the social media provider receiving some of your information. If you’d like to learn more about how this information is used and exchanged, read on.
What security and retention procedures does Travel a la carte a.s. put in place to safeguard your personal data?
We observe appropriate and adequate procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data that we process.
How does Travel a la carte a.s. treat personal data of children?
Unless indicated otherwise, Travel a la carte a.s. is a service you are only allowed to use if you are over 16 years of age. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians or when the information is provided to use by the parents or legal guardian.
How can you control the personal data you have given to Travel a la carte a.s.?
You always have the right to review the personal data we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us to the email address stated below. If you want to find out more about your rights to control your personal data, read on here.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on the Travel a la carte a.s. website and apps?
Travel a la carte a.s. B.V., located in Prague, Czech Republic, controls the processing of personal data on its websites and mobile apps.
What kind of personal data does Travel a la carte a.s. collect?
OK, so you’re looking for a bit more info. Here’s a more in-depth look at the information we collect.
Personal data you give to us.
Travel a la carte a.s. collects and uses information which you provide to us. When you make a Trip Reservation, you are (as a minimum) asked for your name and email address. Depending on the Trip Reservation, we may also ask for your home address, telephone number, payment information, date of birth, the names of any guests travelling with you and any preferences, emergency contacts with their approval (such as meal preferences and any mobility restrictions) you might have for your Trip.
If you need to get in touch with our customer service team, or reach out to us through other means (such as through social media, or communicating with your booked Trip Provider through us) we will collect information from you there too. Guests can also be asked to provide a review to help ensure future guests get exactly what they’re looking for. We will collect information from you included in your reviews, including your display name and avatar if you choose one.
There are also other instances where you’ll provide us with information. For example, if you’re browsing with your mobile device, you can decide to enable Travel a la carte a.s. to see your current location or grant access to your contact details – this helps us provide you with the best possible service and experience (for example, to see our city guides, the nearest restaurants or attractions to your location or other recommendations). You can also open a user account, which allows you to save your personal settings, upload photos, review previous bookings or plan and manage future reservations or benefit from other features only available to account holders (such as incentives or other benefits we may offer).
You can decide to participate in referral programs or sweepstakes, and doing this will also mean providing us with personal data. In addition to that, you can provide us with feedback or ask for help with using the Travel a la carte a.s. travel services.
Personal data you give us about others.
Of course, you might not simply be making a Trip Reservation for yourself. You may be doing a Trip with other guests whose details you provide as part of the Trip Reservation, or you may make a Trip Reservation on behalf of someone else. In some cases, you can use Travel a la carte a.s. to share information with others. This might take the form of forwarding a wish list or participating in referral programs, but such information may only be used as described in the offered interface – check the details there if you want to know more.
However, at this point we have to point out that it’s your responsibility to ensure that the person or people you have provided personal data about are aware that you’ve done so, and have understood and accepted how Travel a la carte a.s. uses their information (as described in this Privacy Statement).
Personal data we collect automatically.
Even if you don’t end up making a Trip Reservation, when you visit our websites or apps we automatically collect certain information. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system, like application versions and your language settings. We also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you.
If you are using a mobile device, we collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, app crashes and other system activity. When you make a Trip Reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation or entered the Travel a la carte a.s. websites and/or apps.
Personal data we receive from other sources.
It’s not just the things you tell us, though – we may also receive information about you from other sources. These include business partners, such as affiliate partners, and other independent third parties, and anything we get from them may be combined with information provided by you. For example, the Travel a la carte a.s. reservation services are not only made available via Travel a la carte a.s. and the Travel a la carte a.s. apps, but are also integrated into services of affiliate partners you can find online. When you use some of these, you provide the reservation details to our business partner, who then forward your details to us. We also integrate third party service providers to facilitate payment between bookers and Trip Providers. These service providers share payment information so we can administer and handle your Trip Reservation, making sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for you.
Another example is that we integrate communication services into our platforms to enable you to connect with the booked Trip Provider about your stay, and when we do we receive metadata about communication activities (such as where you called, who you are and the date and length of the call). We may also receive information about you to serve you more relevant advertisement for example additional cookie data made available to Travel a la carte a.s. by social media partners. Please read under Why does Travel a la carte a.s. collect and use your personal data? for more information. When you link your Travel a la carte a.s. user account to your social media account, personal data may be shared with Travel a la carte a.s. by that social media provider, but only when it’s OK with you for them to do so.
Trip Providers may share information about you with Travel a la carte a.s. too – this may happen if you have support questions about your pending reservation, when disputes arise about a Trip Reservation (though naturally we don’t like it when that happens).
Why does Travel a la carte a.s. collect and use your personal data?
We use the information collected about you for various purposes. Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
- Trip Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online Trip Reservation, which is pretty central to what we do as a company!
- Customer service: We provide international customer service from our local offices in English and Chinese languages, and we’re there to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Sharing your relevant details, such as reservation information or information about your user account with our global customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you to find appropriate Trip Provider and responding to any questions you might have about your Trip Reservation (or any other queries, for that matter).
- Account facilities: Travel a la carte a.s. users can create a user account on our websites or apps. We use the information you give us to administer this account, allowing you to do a number of useful things. You can manage your Trip Reservations, take advantage of special offers, make future Trip Reservations easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings can allow you to keep and share lists, share photos, see previously searched Trip Services easily and to check other travel-related information you have provided. It can also allow you to see any reviews you have submitted. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that’s associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice. Travel a la carte a.s. for Business account holders can save contact details in their account facility, manage their business reservations and link other account holders to the Travel a la carte a.s. for Business account.
- Online groups: We may enable users with an account to join and interact with each other through online groups or forums.
- Marketing activities: We use your information for marketing activities. These activities include
- Using your contact information to send you regular news of travel-related products and services. You can unsubscribe from email marketing communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the „Unsubscribe“ link included in each newsletter.
- Based on your information, individualised offers may be shown to you on the Travel a la carte a.s. website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites/apps (including social media sites) and the content of the site displayed to you may be personalized. These may be offers that you can book directly on the Travel a la carte a.s. site, or on co-branded sites, or other third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- When you participate in other promotional activities (such as sweepstakes, referral programs or competitions), relevant information will be used to administer these promotions
- Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch, including by email, by post, by phone or by texting you – which method we choose depends on the contact information you’ve previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could be a number of reasons for this, including:
- Responding to and handling any requests you or your booked Trip Provider have made. Travel a la carte a.s. also offers guests and Trip Providers various means to exchange information, requests, and comments about Trip Providers and existing Trip Reservations via Travel a la carte a.s.. For more information, scroll down a bit and read the section titled “How does Travel a la carte a.s. process communications that you and your booked Trip Provider may send through Travel a la carte a.s.?”.
- If you have not finalized a Trip Reservation online, we can contact you with a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service benefits you as it allows you to carry on with a Trip Reservation without having to search for Trip Provider or fill in your reservation details again.
- When you use our services, we can send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Travel a la carte a.s. or the Trip Provider.
- We also send you other material related to your Trip Reservations, such as how to contact Travel a la carte a.s. if you need assistance while you are away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning or getting the best out of your Trip. We may also send you material related to upcoming Trip Reservations or a summary of previous Trip Reservations you made through Travel a la carte a.s..
- Even if you do not have an upcoming Trip Reservation, we may need to send you other administrative messages, which may include security alerts.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Please see the information provided when you are invited to participate to understand what personal data is collected and how your personal data is used further.
- Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services. The main goal here is to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, making our site easier and more enjoyable to use. We strive to only use pseudonymized data for these analytical purposes.
- Guest reviews and other destination-related information: During and after your Trip you book through us, you may be invited to submit a review. We can also enable guests travelling with you or on whose behalf you have booked to provide a review. This invite ask for information about the Trip Provider or the destination. Account holders can choose to display a review with a screen name instead of the real name (which can be chosen in the user account facility). In addition to this, account holders can choose to display a review anonymously. Adding an avatar is also possible. By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed (as described in detail in our Terms and Conditions) on, for example, the relevant Trip Provider information page on our websites, on our mobile apps, on our social media accounts and social media apps, or on the online platform of the relevant Trip Provider or business partner’s website. This is to inform other travellers about the quality of the Trip Service you used, the destination you have chosen or other experiences you choose to share.
- Call monitoring: When you make calls to our customer service team, Travel a la carte a.s. uses an automated telephone number detection system to relate your telephone number to your existing reservations – this can help save time for both you and our customer support staff. Our customer service staff may still ask for authentication, which ensures that your reservation details are kept confidential. During calls with our customer service team, live listening may be done or calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes which includes the usage of the recordings for the handling of claims and fraud detection purposes. Recordings are kept for a limited amount of time and automatically deleted, unless Travel a la carte a.s. has a legitimate interest to keep such recording for a longer period, including for fraud investigation and legal purposes.
- Promotion of a safe and trustworthy service: In order to create a trustworthy environment for you, your fellow travellers, Travel a la carte a.s.’s business partners and our Trip Providers, we may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Similarly, we may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users and reservations. For such purposes, we may have to stop certain reservations or put on hold reservations until we have finished our assessment.
Providing your personal data to Travel a la carte a.s. is voluntary. However, depending on the type of service you may want to use, we may only be able to provide you with this service if certain personal data is collected. For instance, we cannot process your Trip Reservation if we do not collect your name and contact details.
If we use automated means to process personal data which produces legal effects or significantly affects you, we will implement suitable measures to safeguard you rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
To process your personal data as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
In view of purpose A and B, Travel a la carte a.s. relies on the legal basis that the processing of the personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract, specifically to finalize and administer your Trip Reservation. If the required personal data is not provided, Travel a la carte a.s. cannot finalize the Trip Reservation, nor can we provide customer service. In view of purposes C to K, Travel a la carte a.s. relies on its legitimate commercial business interest to provide its services, to prevent fraud and to improve its services. When using personal data to serve Travel a la carte a.s.’s or a third party’s legitimate interest, Travel a la carte a.s. will always balance your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data against Travel a la carte a.s.’s rights and interests or those of the third party. For purposes L, Travel a la carte a.s. relies also where applicable on compliance with legal obligations (such as lawful law enforcement requests). Where needed under applicable law, Travel a la carte a.s. will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to object to the processing set out under C to K and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly (for example, in your account settings), to the extent applicable, please contact email@example.com.
What kind of personal data does TACPay included in Travel a la carte APP collect?
Our Global Privacy Notice to Users of TACPay applies to our users and other relevant individuals throughout the rest of the world.
TACPay are services provided by us and our affiliates (collectively, referred to as the Travel a la carte a.s.) to facilitate payments in connect with online transactions on these merchant sites and are only available to registered members of the merchant sites. Please see here our terms and conditions for the TACPay.
We want you to understand:
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS ABOUT YOU?
The personal information that we process includes:
- your basic personal details;
- contact information;
- registration details;
- financial information;
- transaction details; and
- technical information, including:
- information about the device you use to interact with us, and
- information from your visits to our websites.
2. HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information when you browse our website (www.t-alacarte.com), register as a EU User of TACPay, or login to your TACPayaccount to use our TACPay on a merchant site; or when you sell or provide products or services on one of the merchant sites using TACPay.
We also receive personal information about you from other sources, including:
- merchant sites from which you buy or sell goods or services using TACPay;
- Travel a la carte a.s. companies and our suppliers providing services to you on our behalf;
- banks and other payment institutions that we cooperate with to provide you with the TACPay; and
- publicly available sources.
We combine information that we have about you from various sources including the information you have provided to us.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity, including during account creation and payment password reset processes;
- verifying your eligibility as an EU User of TACPay (including “know your customer”, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification);
- processing your registration as an EU User, maintaining and managing your registration;
- providing you with TACPay and related user services, including facilitating the settlement of purchase price for goods and services, shipping and related services for purchases, charge-backs, sending notices about transactions, and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- managing risk, performing creditworthiness and solvency checks, or assessing, detecting, investigating, preventing or remediating fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities and otherwise protecting the integrity of our payments platform;
- detecting, investigating, preventing or remediating violations of your agreements with us or the merchant site or any applicable policy, industry standards, guidelines, laws and regulations and our policies;
- making disclosures as may be required by any law or regulation, government official or other third party, including any card association or other payment network. Such disclosures may also be made pursuant to any subpoena, court order or other legal process or requirement applicable to us or any Travel a la carte a.s. company (including “know your customer”, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing reporting requirements or other commercial disputes);
- making disclosures to third parties including relevant regulators to prevent any harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to deal with any claim or potential claim brought against us or any Travel a la carte a.s. company;
- improving and optimizing the TACPay for all users;
- managing our business including to protect users, protect lives, maintain the security of our products, and protect our rights or property; and
- we may also use your personal information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may use your personal information in the European Economic Area (EEA) or outside of the EEA. For further information see Transfers of your personal information outside of the EEA.
4. WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information on bases set out below.
- For the performance of TACPay Agreement or other contracts to which you are a party.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- For legitimate business purposes.
- Using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our business and minimise any disruption to the services that we may offer to you for. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalised to you, and to make your experience of our products and services efficient and effective.
- As we are based in Czech Republic and have infrastructure in China and India, we need to transfer your personal information internationally as part of our business structure, including as a result of laws and regulations applicable to us and other Travel a la carte a.s. companies and legal claims or proceedings that involve us or other Travel a la carte a.s. companies.
- However, in cases in which we wish to use your data for our legitimate business purposes, we carefully consider the position and do not go ahead if we think your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms relating to your personal information would be prejudiced. Examples of matters we consider include how we use your data responsibly (for instance security measures we put in place to protect it, such as access controls)
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We share certain of your personal information with:
- companies in the Travel a la carte a.s. providing services on our behalf or to which we provide services;
- trusted third parties including:
- any agent, contractor or third-party service provider that we work with in providing TACPay. We work with third parties to help us with fraud prevention, AML checks, credit checking, bill collection, data entry, database management, promotions, marketing, customer service, technology services, products and services alerts and payment extension services;
- entities with whom Travel a la carte a.s. maintain commercial arrangements, including merchant sites and online merchants;
- banks, card associations, payment networks or acquiring institutions, involved in processing of payments through TACPay; and
- law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory authorities or any other organizations to which Travel a la carte a.s., or any Travel a la carte a.s .Group company or third party service provider is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation or commercial arrangement;
- entities involved in any merger, acquisition or financing transaction with us; and our professional advisors.
See How do we store and protect your personal information? for information on how we keep your personal information secure when sharing it with others.
6. HOW DO WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the TACPay or other purposes as set out in this notice unless we delete your personal information in response to your request for deletion (see Your rights with respect to your personal information). In addition, we may retain your personal information for a longer period (including after you are no longer an EU User), if it is necessary to comply with laws and regulations applicable to us in countries outside the EU including China and India where our main businesses are located.
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
7. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EEA
Your personal information may be processed by us, companies in the Travel a la carte a.s. and our trusted third-party suppliers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including in countries where data protection and privacy laws or regulations may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the data protection and privacy laws and regulations in the EEA.
These countries include, among others:
In accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of the EEA to a jurisdiction other than one that is recognised by the European Commission has having an adequate level of protection of personal data. These measures include (where applicable) transferring pursuant to data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses. If you would like further information, please Contact us.
We may also transfer your personal information outside of the EEA as permitted by applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations. Examples include where we need to transfer your personal information: (a) to perform a contract with you (or to take steps before the contract at your request); (b) perform a contract in your interests; or (c) in relation to legal claims.
8. YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations, you may be entitled to:
- ask us about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information;
- request the correction and/or (in some cases) deletion of your personal information;
- in some cases, request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where Travel a la carte a.s. is processing your personal information based on your consent);
- request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal information that you have provided to Travel a la carte a.s. where we are using your personal information based on consent or performance of a contract; and
- complain to the relevant supervisory authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us, you can always choose not to do so. If we have requested your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
However, choosing not to share your personal information with us or withdrawing your consent to our use of it could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described (see How we use your personal information) or that you are unable to make use of the services and products offered by us. After you have chosen to withdraw your consent, Travel a la carte a.s. may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by applicable data protection and privacy laws or regulations.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please Contact us.
9. THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND SITES
The TACPay and our website may provide links to other websites and services (including other online merchant sites) for your convenience and information. These services and websites may operate independently from us. Linked services and websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these websites’ or services content, any use of these services or websites by you, or the privacy practices of these services or websites.